20th Congress convenes its 5th Special Session
- Category: News
- Published: Friday, 17 August 2018 03:36
- Written by Bill Jaynes
- Hits: 625
July 31, 2018
PALIKIR, POHNPEI – The Fifth Special Session of the 20th Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia is scheduled to convene on August 2-7 as called by President Peter M. Christian.
In his letter to Speaker Wesley W. Simina, the President requested the Congress to consider “urgent matters that remain pending with Congress” from the Executive Branch which included:
- 1. Appropriations for the startup costs of PATS;
- 2. Appropriations for the fiber optic project Cable Landing Station in Chuuk State;
- 3. Appropriations for the PII Litigation;
- 4. Pending Nominations for important advice and consent position of the National Government; and
- 5. Other equally urgent matters that Congress deems necessary for their consideration and action.
The 5th Special Session was originally planned for July 30, 2018, but due to conflicting flight schedules it has been postponed until August 2, this Thursday.
Sessions of the Congress are open to all interested members of the general public.